The South Bay’s Premier Preschool
My School is a theme, play & faith based preschool serving children ages 2 – 5 / Pre- Kindergarten.
Open enrollment is happening now. Stop by and check us out!
To create a learning environment that engages children through exploration, wonder, creativity & play
To encourage, affirm, and empower each child
To foster a child’s sense of self, where each child is known, valued, loved, & accepted for who they are.
To model grace, love, & compassion
To build a sense of community among the children through outdoor play, chapel & school events
To provide a safe & nurturing learning environment
MY SCHOOL INFORMATION
My School Preschool Hours
Monday through Friday Program hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(extended care available 7-8 a.m. & 5-6 p.m.),
Part-time (half-day) students may attend from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 noon.
Late fees apply and due at pick-up if students are left at school past 5:00 pm for regular day schedule or 6:00 p.m. for extended day schedule and 12:30 Noon for half-day programs.
My School 2018 – 2019 Calendar Holidays, Closures, Early Dismissal
- September 3 Labor Day
- September 18 Early Dismissal 4pm / Parent & Teacher Back to School Night @ 6pm
- October 31 Early Dismissal 12:30pm / Teacher In – Service
- November 21 Early Dismissal 12:30
- November 22 & 23 Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 20 Early dismissal 12:30pm / Start Winter Break
- December 21 – Jan. 1, 2019 Closed for Winter Break
- January 121 Closed Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 18 Closed Presidents Day
- March 15 Early Dismissal 12:30pm
- April 19 Closed for Spring Fling Family Event & Good Friday
- May 27 Memorial Day
- June 7 Closed for Pre –K promotion Ceremony
- June 10 Closed / Teacher in service
- July 3 Early Dismissal 12:30pm
- July 4 & 5 Independence Holiday
- August 12 – 16 Teacher In-Service Week
*Tuition does not change due to holidays, closures, early dismissals or absences
- My School is licensed to enroll children ages 2 – 5 years old.
- No child is refused because of race, color, creed or religion.
- Each child must be in good health. The medical/physical form in the application packet must be signed by the child’s doctor.
- All required immunizations must be completed prior to enrollment. Immunizations required by the State of California are:
- DTP (4), Polio (3), MMR (1), Hep B (3), Varicella (1), and Hib (doses may be diff. based on age given) Physician will determine if risk factors are present for TB skin test
- Enrollment application needs to be complete and turned in the week prior to start date. Parents are responsible for keeping the school informed of changes regarding address, telephone number, identification and emergency information.
- State Health and Welfare forms, Licensing Report, Personal Rights, and Parents’ Rights will be explained and signed at the time of enrollment.
- The registration fee is due at enrollment.Click here for Tuition Rate Sheet.
- Tuition is paid directly through FACT-our financial company.
- Checks returned by the bank are subject to a $25.00 service charge.
- Parents will be notified at least thirty days in advance of increases to tuition fees.
Absences No reimbursement, credits, or exchange of days will be given for holidays, in-service day(s), days closed, days absent or days that the family is on vacation. The tuition contract is a binding agreement between the parent(s) and My School to guarantee placement for your child and to serve as the basis for the school’s contract with the staff members. Withdrawals Written notification must be submitted to the Director at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the withdraw date. Withdrawals not meeting the 30 day deadline will be charged one-half of the regular monthly tuition.
My School Philosophy
Our school was created with one purpose, to glorify God. Therefore, we stand on God’s word and believe His truth for our school and students. We believe that students learn through exploration, wonder, creativity, and play. It is our responsibility to make certain that both parents and children have a positive experience here at My School.
We are a Theme, Play, and Faith based pre-school. Our classrooms are set up with various learning centers where children have the opportunity to move freely from one center to the next engaging in various activities and play. Our teachers create weekly lesson plans that incorporate the various learning centers, developmental concepts, and the theme for that week.
Handwriting without Tears is the academic component for our pre-kinderdergarten students, helping prepare them for kindergarten. To learn more about Handwriting without Tears please visit their website at www.hwtears.com
Our Growing in Faith Values & Practices:
- The Word- told through Bible stories, DVD, Drama, Flannel Pieces, Flip chart, figures etc
- Praise & Worship- through music, song, & dance
- Prayer- in large or small groups
- Reflection & Response – through art, writing, & spending time in creation
- Serving- through acts of kindness, sharing etc..
- Weekly Chapel
Sample Daily Schedule*
7:00-8:00 a.m. — Extended Early Care
8:00 a.m. – Story time / Activities
8:15 a.m. – Recess
8:55 am – Wash up & morning snack
9:25 a.m. – Learning Centers, Group Time, Pre-k Academics
10:50 a.m. – Clean Up
11:00 a.m. – Recess
11:30 a.m. – Wash up & Pray
11:40 a.m. – Lunch time
12:30 p.m. – Morning Day Program dismissal
12:30 p.m. – Transition for nap
12:30-2:30 p.m. – Nap Time
3:00 p.m. – afternoon snack & Inside activities
3:30 p.m. – Recess
4:20 p.m. – Bible Story & Learning Centers
5:00 p.m. – Class Dismissal
5:00-6:00 p.m.– Extended Care
6:00 p.m. – Closed
* Actual daily schedules are posted in individual classrooms
Daily Preschool Needs
Parents need to provide the following items for their children on a daily / weekly basis:
- A packed lunch (we provide milk &/or water with lunch. We do not warm up food.)
- A fitted sheet and blanket (small travel size pillow) Licensing requires all cots to be covered with a sheet at all times children are on the cot. Fitted crib sheets work great with our cots.
- A back pack with at least one full change of clothes (pants, shirt, underwear, socks & shoes)
- 2’s and young 3 year olds who are not potty trained will need enough diapers for 3 to 4 changes per day. No pull ups as children show signs of being potty trained we work with families on going from diapers to underwear. We provide wipes.
- Please remember to put your child’s name on all items that go back and forth from home to school.
Staff & teachers must meet State minimum requirements to teach:
- 12 college units in Early Childhood Education
- Pediatric CPR and Health & Safety Training
- Background / Fingerprint clearance
- Medical clearance
State minimum requirements for facility size:
- My School ‘s facility is licensed for 65 children.
- Our facility is 9,085 sq. feet
- Playground requirement is 75 sq. feet per child for a total of 11,250 sq. feet. My School’s playground area is 14,760 sq. feet. Students enjoy the spacious lawn, sand area, gardening boxes, and the fun-filled climbing and swinging structures.
State minimum requirements for faculty to child ratio: 1:12
- My School Ratios :
- 2 year olds 1:9
- 3 year olds 1:12
- 4 year olds 1:12
- Pre-K 1:12
We are licensed through the state of California Community Care Licensing division.
Our License / Facility # is 430710107
My School has a full-time preschool teacher position open in our 2-year-old environment. A preschool teacher will be responsible for leading and supervising children, creating a safe, fun and nurturing learning environment and more. If you love working with young children and have previous experience specifically working with 2 and 3 year olds please contact me for more information.
Qualifications and Skills
24 ECE units (minimum of 12 ECE units is okay)
1 plus years’ experience working with children in a preschool setting
Good verbal and written communication skills
DOJ fingerprinting / background check clearance through the state of California Community Care Licensing department.
Health clearance – up to date measles & whooping cough immunizations and TB test.
Send resumes or contact Shelby Tindall at email@example.com or 408.979.302