Serve in a way that makes our community a better place.
The Lay Chaplain Ministry exists to honor Jesus and demonstrate His love to our community by serving both believers and non-believers through visitation, prayer, and the sharing of Holy Scriptures.
Our goal is to minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those who are in hospitals, convalescent facilities, and rehabilitation centers. If you have a heart for this ministry, we need you to be the hands and feet of Jesus in not just hearing the cries no one else is hearing but doing something to meet the needs. Contact our church office on how to become involved.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in Volunteer Central or Multipurpose Room
GOOD SAMARITAN PROJECT
This Faith-Based Resource Center is a place where hope, compassion and encouragement is offered to every person recently released from incarceration and living in San Jose, Morgan Hill or Gilroy. Eligible participants are men and women at least 18 years of age recently released from a State or County institutions (prison/jail). The Good Samaritan Project serves those released on Probation and Parole, AB 109’s and those impacted by the Three Strikes law. This is a free program of the Faith Re-Entry Collaborative and open to those that meet the eligibility requirements.
The Good Samaritan Project provides the following:
- Re-Entry Support Services Resource & Referrals | Independent Service Plans | Resume Writing | Celebrate Recovery | Spiritual Guidance | Food Assistance | Program Incentives | Employment Opportunities | Housing | Education | Clothing | Recovery Programs | Mental Health Services
Serving the San Jose, Morgan Hill & Gilroy Area:
Cathedral of Faith
2315 Canoas Garden Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)979-3043 – Se Habla Español
Appointments are highly encouraged to ensure timely service delivery.
- Good Samaritan Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 21404
San Jose, CA 95151-1404
Passionate about reaching our community? Your neighborhood? Our region? Want to “be the hands and feet of Jesus?” Join the Local Outreach Team and serve those who are homeless in our community.
- Food & Clothing Outreach – 2nd Saturday of each month
- 900 E. Santa Clara St., Downtown San Jose
- Silicon Valley Safe Park
- There are opportunities to serve between 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. during the month of June
We have ministry outreach events in convalescent homes where we bring Pastor Ken’s message and community to those in the homes.
Call the church office and let us know if someone is in the hospital we can visit and pray over.