Serve in a way that makes our community a better place.
Celebrate Recovery is a co-ed Bible-based program on God’s Word, the Bible. Built around small group interaction and the fellowship of a caring community, Celebrate Recovery provides a safe and confidential environment where men and women that are bound by compulsive or addictive behaviors can find freedom in Jesus as their higher power through a Christ centered 12-Step Program. Our goal is for participants to develop a personal relationship with Christ, support each other emotionally and spiritually, participate in other church ministries and identify, develop and equip future leaders.
- Mondays: 7:00 p.m. in Multipurpose Room
- Fridays: 7:00 p.m. in Multipurpose Room
Kids recovery is a life-changing program for children ages 5-13 years old. With Celebration Place, children will get:
- Hope: for all the amazing things God has in store for them
- Truths: that help them overcome life’s challenges by learning to lean on Jesus
- Joy: as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences, and great conversations
- Friendships: with other children
- Details: Fridays 7-9 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
While adults attend their Step Study Group, the children get help they need to excel in their studies. A unique ministry designed for children ages 5-13 which gives children:
- A safe and quiet environment to do their homework
- Fun activities to build social interaction skills
- Lessons to help enhance their knowledge of Godly character and Christ-like values
- Details: Mondays 7-9 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room
LIFE HURTS GOD HEALS
LHGH is specifically for middle school & high school students who are dealing with unresolved hurts and pain including: troubled family dynamics such as divorce, blended family, absent parent(s) behavioral issues, addictions; drinking, cutting, eating disorders, etc. If you are familiar with 12-step programs (i.e., Alcohol Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous, etc.) then you understand the basic structure for Life Hurts God Heals. However, Life Hurts God Heals is an 8-step faith based student recovery program designed for middle school and high school students. Its principles are based on the beatitudes teaching from the Bible. This curriculum provides lifelong tools for students dealing with unresolved hurt and pain.
- Parent Information Night: Friday, August 17 at 7 p.m., Learning Center Room 229;
- Details: Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, 229.
- Details: begins Wednesday, September 12, 7:30 p.m., Cathedral of Faith, Gilroy, 7250 Forest St Gilroy, 95020.
CLUB NEXT is designed to equip youth with the tools to face life and all its challenges. If your students are facing issues like anger, behavioral or family issues, absent parents, divorce, drinking, drugs, school absenteeism, and bullying, then consider CLUB NEXT as a resource for your students.
- Details: Beginning this fall on Sundays, 10 a.m., Mayfair Community Center, 2039 Kammerer Ave, San Jose, CA 95116
The Lay Chaplain Ministry exists to honor Jesus and demonstrate His love to our community by serving both believers and non-believers through visitation, prayer, and the sharing of Holy Scriptures.
Our goal is to minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those who are in hospitals, convalescent facilities, and rehabilitation centers. If you have a heart for this ministry, we need you to be the hands and feet of Jesus in not just hearing the cries no one else is hearing but doing something to meet the needs. Contact our church office on how to become involved.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in Volunteer Central or Multipurpose Room
GOOD SAMARITAN PROJECT
This Faith-Based Resource Center is a place where hope, compassion and encouragement is offered to every person recently released from incarceration and living in San Jose, Morgan Hill or Gilroy. Eligible participants are men and women at least 18 years of age recently released from a State or County institutions (prison/jail). The Good Samaritan Project serves those released on Probation and Parole, AB 109’s and those impacted by the Three Strikes law. This is a free program of the Faith Re-Entry Collaborative and open to those that meet the eligibility requirements.
The Good Samaritan Project provides the following:
- Re-Entry Support Services Resource & Referrals | Independent Service Plans | Resume Writing | Celebrate Recovery | Spiritual Guidance | Food Assistance | Program Incentives | Employment Opportunities | Housing | Education | Clothing | Recovery Programs | Mental Health Services
Serving the San Jose, Morgan Hill & Gilroy Area:
Cathedral of Faith
2315 Canoas Garden Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)979-3043 – Se Habla Español
Appointments are highly encouraged to ensure timely service delivery.
- Good Samaritan Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 21404
San Jose, CA 95151-1404
Passionate about reaching our community? Your neighborhood? Our region? Want to “be the hands and feet of Jesus?” Join the Local Outreach Team and serve those who are homeless in our community.
- Food & Clothing Outreach – 2nd Saturday of each month (Sept.-May)
- Cooking @ Cathedral 7:00-8:30 a.m.
- Distribution @ Roosevelt Park 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- 900 E. Santa Clara St., Downtown San Jose
- Shelter visit – 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month (Sept.-May) 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- 260 Commercial St. San Jose
- Village House – Interfaith shelter for medically fragile women
- There are opportunities to serve between 6pm-7am during the month of July
Do you have a loved one incarcerated? Our Ministry team meets with families that have loved ones in jail or prison for prayer. We welcome all families to come and join in with us in prayer.
- Prayer Meetings 4th Thursday of each month, 10 a.m.-12 p.m, Prayer Room
- Weekly Bible Studies at Elmwood Women’s Jail
We have ministry outreach events in convalescent homes where we bring Pastor Ken’s message and community to those in the homes.
Call the church office and let us know if someone is in the hospital we can visit and pray over.